Comic-Con exhibit floor.
Insane. Overwhelming. Amazing.
On preview night, there are no panels, so the one place for attendees to be is the exhibit floor, so it was wall-to-wall bodies.
And who should greet us as we walk in? Lou "The Incredible Hulk" Ferrigno. We had arrived.
Not being body-averse, I navigated throughout the mass-o'-flesh, looked for the booths selling convention exclusives (turns out they'd already sold out for the day's allotments), and got the lay of the land for Biz contacts for the next day (many of the booths were minimally staffed on Wednesday), and just generally tried to soak in the geeky awesomeness that was my first taste of Comic-Con.
Honestly? The whole thing. It felt great to be in a place that celebrates all of the pop culture stuff that informs and expresses my skills as a creative. Could it get any better?
Life-size Golden Compass polar bear mount:
Prototypes for upcoming Hasbro GI Joe 25th Anniversary figures:
(Including related July 24 posts.)
- Enjoying the Comic-Con show floor ... 10:59 PM July 25, 2007 from web
- Just landed in San Diego for Comic-Con! 07:20 PM July 25, 2007 from web
- Packing last minute for the flight to San Diego ... 10:11 AM July 25, 2007 from web
- Setting up my replacement Xbox 360 ... 09:21 PM July 24, 2007 from web
- Looks like Xbox is doing a "Bringing it Home" for Comic-Con. Cool, and weirdly under the radar. Missed opportunity? 08:43 PM July 24, 2007 from web
- @luge I caught a screening of "Sunshine" last night. Amazing film -- Really enjoyed it, and been thinking about it all day... 07:43 PM July 24, 2007 from web in reply to luge
- Freaking out about Comic-Con prep. Not in a good way ... 04:25 PM July 24, 2007 from web
- Putting freaking TAPE on my CD printer so that it will work ... 03:45 PM July 24, 2007 from web
- Loving Brubaker's Captain America ... 01:08 PM July 24, 2007 from web
- Not liking Omega Flight. Again ... 12:32 PM July 24, 2007 from web
- Burning voice demos for Comic-Con ... 11:04 AM July 24, 2007 from web