Friday, June 16, 2006

I just auditioned for "The Hitcher"

I just auditioned for the remake of The Hitcher, and ... it is what it is ...

This was an intense audition where I'm a deeply religious dad, and my wife and kids have just been killed in front of me, and I'm dying. It's a brutally tough part (for a bunch of reasons), and I thought I was going to be able to get myself where I needed to be for the audition.

Not so much.

Fortunately, Beth Sepko gave me good direction that let me take it further than I was taking it on my own.

This role is incredibly important to me for a couple of reasons. First, it humanizes the film's main characters in a way the original (still excellent) did not. Secondly, it's a dark, cathartic place for me to go. I really want this role, but it certainly won't be "fun".

But, the audition is what it is, and it's done. God willing, something comes of it ...

No comments: