Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Commercial Audition today

Today I had a brief commercial audition for a potential semi-local (College Station, TX) gig.

The audition is for a medical commercial spot, and my first with semi-local production house Frame by Frame.

This was an easy going, quick deal, and though I don't beat up on myself after auditions, I do look for things to do better next time.

The main thing on this one was commitment to miming.

I hate miming.

Not because I can't do it, but because it's lying.

I was supposed to mime washing dishes. And because of my mindset, I didn't commit to the activity. So when I got direction, I stopped my activity, and followed the direction. I should have kept "washing dishes".

But that's for the next audition. This one is what it is, and I'm great with that.

No comments: