Saturday, February 17, 2007

Does integrity matter?

Seriously, I'm asking.

Does integrity matter?

I mean, ask someone, "Does integrity matter?", and see what kind of response you get.

I'll wait.

.
.
.

Back already? They said yes, didn't they? Of course they did. Who hates integrity and is going to be honest about it?

But does it matter?

Can a person be hired to a new job (assuming they're totally qualified) if they spout off about how integrity is really important to them.

Or, does that knock them out of the game.
HR: So, what's your biggest concern?
ME: Honestly, I've got a weird one. Integrity is something that's really important to me. How does that play out in a real-world sense in your company?
HR: (In their head) This guy's cute, but he's going to be a lot of heartburn.
HR: Integrity is obviously key to everything we do. Thanks so much for your time.
(*Shreds resume*)
Honestly, is integrity something that will knock you out of a job, gig, etc. if you're "too" vocal about it?

And, seriously, can you be "too" vocal about integrity.

That's still an absolute, right?

Right?

I'm asking...

No comments: