Sunday, July 03, 2005

Justin Long is a guy to watch.

So, I finally got around to watching Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story. And, yeah, Rip Torn still has it. Sure, Ben Stiller is still Ben Stiller (in a good way). I still wouldn't complain if I were Vince Vaughn. Stephen Root is understated genius (whether this or News Radio or Office Space).

But Justin Long? Man, the guy is amazing. If you don't think so from the film itself, don't miss the DVD extra, "Justin Long: A Study in Ham & Cheese". Absolutely brilliant, and committed to the scene.

Looks like Dodgeball: is Justin's breakout film -- he's got no less than 4 new films 2005 alone. I'm a little concerned that imdb.com doesn't list anything for him for 2006 this late in the year, so I hope his career doesn't tail early.

This guy is good.

No comments: