Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Time to catch some more live music -- wanna join me?

I'm heading down to Momo's Club tonight to catch Lee Simmons. I think Lee will be backed up by bassist JJ Plasencio in a power-pop trio format, post-July 4th celebration of "our independence from the British and [JJ's] own personal dependence on Brit-rock".

I'm eager to check out Simmons for the first time, and Plasencio was the bassist for Sixpence None the Richer (remember "Kiss Me"?) and Plumb. He's also got a new band, Stereovolt (and, hey, I'm a comic book fanboy, and Stereovolt's got a song called "BatmanBelt", so I figure I need to support them and anyone associated with them; or something).

If you wanna catch the set (or me), they're on starting at 9:30 p.m. (yeah, JJ's site says 8 p.m., and Momo's Club doesn't list them at 8 or 9:30, but JJ and Lee told me they're on at 9:30. FYI, I'll probably be at Katz's before (or after; I'm wild like that).

No comments: