Thursday, January 12, 2006

Loki Girl is home.

After a consultation with a surgical opthamologist (yes, a surgical opthamologist), I brought Loki home last night and put her in a large open wire crate in the living room. She's around the flow of traffic, out of harm's way, and I can get her out the back door quickly if necessary.

She's got more medications than a senior citizen (seriously). With various internal and eye medications due every 2, 4, 8, 12, and 24 hours. Me being a borderline Type A, I'm going to build the mother of all medication charts.

Loki's still blind, and acting almost depressed through all of this.

I slept on the couch last night so I could get to her quickly if needed, so it was a pretty sleepless night as I woke up with every sound or perceived missed breath she made.

She's doing worse off today, so we'll just take it a bit at a time. If she can get better, I'm in it for the long haul. If she starts degrading too much or seems to be suffering, I need to help her there, too.

I don't even have a surgical opthamologist ...

No comments: