Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hard Meisner night

My Meisner class is always tough. Good tough or bad tough, but always tough.

Tonight was good tough.

There is an amazing actress, and she and I were at each other. It was real. It was raw.

And it's really messed me up.

I feel like James Gandolfini, and how he said "that stuff really messes with you," and talked about how that generally throws him off for days. I was encouraged by that at the time. I think I am now, too.

I really don't like yelling at women. And it's not a pansy-ass kind of thing. There's just ... something that really knocks me back and takes me off my feet. I don't know if it's because I know physically guys are generally stronger than women, or I don't trust myself to not lose control, or what it is.

Huh, I just re-read that Gandolfini thing I wrote, and realize I commented on Meisner stuff in it, months before I knew I was going to do Meisner with Steve.

No comments: